Online shopping Zimbabwe
Technology has changed, and so many new features and trends have emerged. One such trend is the online shopping facility. However, there are so many scam sites all around the internet, and in this article we will try to point out How you can tell the difference between a legit website and a scam, How you can do your online shopping in a secure way and avoid losing to scammers, and many more.
The guide to online shopping
Online shopping provides a very convenient way of buying, In most cases receiving your goods right at your door step, well at least depending on your geographical location. There are several websites that do not only ship to their country of residence but also to the rest of the world, and Tramstech is one such website. Tramstech ships to anywhere in the world, and this means convenience for all its users and followers around the world. We have an online store that has “interesting” products such as (But not limited to) this Xiaomi Redmi 4x smart phone,and This selfie drone. There are some things you need to take care of, before you start making your purchases. The process of buying online is amazingly simple, and Below is the list of things you need to take care of, in order to enjoy the convenience of shopping from the comfort of your home.
- Look for the available online stores, that ship to your country. Most online shops have the option of shipping to anywhere in the world, and Tramstech does the shipping to anywhere in the world. It is important however, to verify if the website is legit or simply is a scam, as these days there are several websites that are just scams.
- Browse the site, looking for the things that you want to buy from. After you have signed up for an account, you can now start browsing the site, looking for the products you want, and adding them to your shopping cart. most websites have the option of adding items into your shopping cart, and just pay at once for all the goods at the end of your session or when ever you now want to make the purchase.
- An account with the online store. Obviously for most sites, you need to set up an account with them before you start to make your online purchases as we mentioned earlier on. So you can sign up for an account, and provide relevant information. It is important to verify your details that you have entered are correct, to avoid complications, like in the event when you enter the wrong postal address and the items you bought fail to be delivered, and you end up going through all those complicated processes of refunds, etc.
- Before you enter your payment card details, it is also very important to verify that the communication between your computer and the site is secure. This is to avoid losing your money to hackers, and other technically knowledgeable individuals who would end up using your information or your money to do other illegal activities. STAY SAFE !!
- A credit card or in some cases a PayPal account or even a bitcoin wallet . Some websites do accept Bitcoin payments, and some do not. But at the end of the day, you will need to have some form of payment method. For most websites, all you need is a MasterCard or visa card, and for some you need a PayPal account. But again, we have to put emphasis on the security of this information.
NB: Just a tip, Do not enter your credit card details on non-secure web pages, and you know they are secure when you see “https” instead of “http” or nothing on their url.
- Verify the security level of the site. Again, we have to mention that, you should make your purchases ONLY on secure websites. Every website that handles user data, or that handles sale, has to have what cyber security experts call a “Secure Sockets Layer” (SSL) certificate, and these sites will have “https” instead of “http” on their address bar. The usage of SSL technology ensures that all data transmitted between the web server and browser remains encrypted.
Below is a screenshot showing the “https” tag on our address bar.
Here are some of the things to look out for, to make sure the website you are buying for is legit
- Check if the Login, Create Account, and Payment Pages are Secure – Fake or fraudulent sites will not bother to buy an SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) certificates. SSL certificates secure the transfer of your data when you submit sensitive information (creating an account, or submitting payment info) and cost money. A scam site, won’t bother with an SSL certificate, as the site will likely be shutdown within a couple of months after the fraud has been reported. If the website is legitimate and secure, they will have HTTPS on the URL and a lock icon.
- Check Other People’s Reviews – Type the website’s domain name, followed by “reviews”, into a search engine. Ideally, you will discover search results for other people’s experiences in dealing with the website. If there are many negative customer reviews, then you will most likely want to avoid the site altogether. For our reviews from real people, visit our Facebook page TRAMS TECH
More of these tips are found Here
Benefits of Shopping online
- Convenience – Online shops give us the opportunity to shop 24/7, and so that means you can get the convenience of doing other things while you do your shopping. No need to visit the physical shop to make your purchases. So you might just in that subway train, and decide to make a purchase on your way to work, and you know your goods will be delivered. Now that is very convenient.
- Save money – Imagine you want to buy something, but you can simply access the store without going there, and make your purchase, that means you get the chance to save money, as you do not need to drive to the store. And also usually the prices in online shops are cheaper than the prices in physical shops.
- You can send gifts more easily – Sending gifts to relatives and friends is easy, no matter where they are. Now, there is no need to make distance an excuse for not sending a gift on occasions like birthdays, weddings, anniversaries, Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, and so forth. All you need to do is enter the address for the recipient of the gift on the site when it asks for the address to get the goods delivered to.
- No crowds – Grumpy, and smelly people also annoy me when I’m out shopping. Plus, parking becomes a huge issue, so with online shopping, I can do all my transactions without having to go through all this. I can do it at the comfort of my home, or my office after all.
- Scaling problems – Some products may appear large, or even small in pictures, and it’s not their real size. So you end up buying what you may not use if you so decide to buy something online, especially without checking product specifications.
In conclusion, we do like shopping online, we do it a lot and we hope this article will answer some questions you had about online shopping, and online security. The next time you think of shopping, just take some time and think of online shopping, it could save you time and money.