Broadcast sound quality Low noise circuitry 48V phantom power or 1.5V AA battery Two step high-pass filter – flat or 80 Hz Rugged metal construction
From the manufacturer
- Acoustic Principle: Line Gradient
- Active Electronics: JFET impedance convertor with balanced transformer output
- Capsule: 0.50″
- Polar Pattern: Supercardioid
- Address Type: End
- Frequency Range: 20Hz – 20kHz
- Output Impedance: 250Ω
- Maximum SPL: 131dB SPL (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1KΩ load)
- Maximum Output Level: 6.9mV
- Sensitivity: -36.0dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (15.00mV @ 94 dB SPL) /- 2 dB @ 1kHz
- Equivalent Noise Level (A-weighted): 18dB-A
- Power Req.: 48V Phantom Power or 1.5 AA battery
- Output: 3-pin XLR
- Warranty: 1 year with free extension to 10 years following registration
Multi-Powered Shotgun Microphone
The RØDE NTG2 is a lightweight condenser shotgun microphone, designed for professional applications within the film, video, television and production industries.
Its full frequency response, low noise and audio transparency make it an ideal film, video, and voice over microphone, while its low weight (161gm./5.7oz. without battery) makes it an ideal boom microphone.
In addition to the native 20Hz-20kHz frequency response a selectable high-pass filter at 80Hz is available, which will prevent low end noise such as air conditioners and traffic from being recorded.
The NTG2 operates either from a AA (1.5V) battery or P48 phantom power which can be supplied by professional cameras, audio recorders and power supplies. The battery power option makes the NTG2 ideal for scenarios where the camera does not supply phantom power such as DSLR video.
The WSVM windshield is supplied to minimise light wind noise and plosives during recording. The optional ‘DeadCat’ furry is recommended for outdoor applications.
The RØDE NTG2 shotgun microphone is designed and made in Australia, and covered by RØDE Microphones’ industry leading 10 year warranty.
- Broadcast sound quality
- Low noise circuitry
- Condenser transducer
- Rugged metal construction
- Two step High Pass Filter (Flat/80Hz)
- Low handling noise
- Low weight – 161g (5.17 oz.)
- Includes mic clip, wind shield and zip case
|Rode NTG1||Rode NTG2||Rode NTG3||Rode NTG4||Rode NTG4|
|Power||48V Phantom||48V Phantom or AA Battery||48V Phantom||48V Phantom||48V Phantom or Internal Lithium Battery|
|Frequency Response||20hz – 20khz||20hz – 20khz||40hz – 20khz||20hz – 20khz||20hz – 20khz|
|High Pass Filter||80hz||80hz||None||75hz||75hz|
|High Freq. Boost||No||No||No||Yes||Yes|
|Dimensions||22 x 219mm||22 x 280mm||19 x 255mm||22 x 225mm||22 x 278mm|